Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Today is the day!



For what? I have NO idea!! *giggle* I just woke up with that feeling, ya know?

Which surprised me, 'cuz I didn't sleep well again. It's not just Jim's stupid allergies keeping me awake anymore; I seem to have developed allergies for the first time in IL. *rolls eyes* But I woke up feeling excited about today! When I saw it was only 34*F, I didn't care. Not ideal conditions for what I had planned, but maybe God doesn't think I need to mow today...and who am I to disagree? *giggle*

And then I did my "Jesus Calling" devotion...and what verse does it begin with but Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
I couldn't have gotten any clearer confirmation that I was on the right track. Today is something to rejoice in...no matter what happens!

And, of course, there is this teeny-tiny little issue hanging out there that makes this day special: We made an offer on a little 1-bedroom house in Burlington yesterday. We should have a response from the seller before 5p today, so that's exciting. But the cool thing is that we've prayed over this whole Burlington move/don't move thing for so many weeks, that it really doesn't matter. Our hearts are right where they're supposed to be: waiting on God. If this house & our staying in Burlington during the week fits in HIS plans, so be it. If not, so be it. It just continues to amaze me that the more I don't seem to care about what happens, the more blessings He pours down on us! Our God is an awesome God, isn't He?? *happy dance*

So I'm excited. What - oh what - does this day hold? Who's gonna cross my path today that's gonna make my day? And who can I be a blessing to? Will we get this house & take another step down this new path? Will the new mower I'm picking up today be so stinkin' awesome I won't mind mowing in the cold? Will I just be happy wearing my new boots?

See, I really am just a simple girl. As long as I'm centered in Christ, this day will ROCK!!

Late-Morning Update:
1) We received a counter offer on the house (lower than we expected) so we accepted! Whoo-hoooo! Don't tell me God doesn't speak clearly!! If you are open to His will....He will give you the desires of your heart. I truly believe God WANTS to bless us...and this is just so flippin' awesome, in example!





2) My new motorcycle helmet arrived today! Powder blue, Baby. I already have some stickers picked out. *mental note to self to buy those* Won't that look fun riding down the road?? *happy hippy motorcycle mama dance*








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*