Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm A Transformer!

This morning's devotion just flooded my heart! Jesus Calling...I've said it before, but if you don't have this book, go buy it. NOW! I'll wait. It's THAT good!! *waits patiently*

So what brought this on, you ask? God's Word, of course. : ))  Romans 12:2 says:
Do not confirm any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will.

This just hit me: What with this whole 'should we move' thing hanging over us, we never worried over it. We spent a lot of time in prayer, and offered obedient hearts. That's all He wanted. And He spoke clearly, in response.

I have always thought getting older is better...for me, and for my kids, and now in my marriage. I love watching the transformations that occur in all of us. And with this last little test of faith, I had this happy flutter in my heart that all my "spiritual training" really is paying-off. I realized (again) I don't worry and wonder near as much as I used to...even just 6-8 years ago. Worry and regret used to rule my life (oh ye of little faith, right? *LOL*). But the older more mature in Christ I get, I really am finding my groove. *holds up fingers in peace sign* I get the whole "wait on Me" mindset now. Why did I spend so much time banging my head against the wall? (And often the same stinkin' wall, at that!) It's sooooooo much easier to take my problem/decision to Him, and just let HIM handle it. My mind is just blown this morning with how SIMPLE it is...and how NATURAL it feels!! *happy dance to Jesus right here in my family room*

It really IS getting easier!! The key - for me, at least - is to value my experiences, learn from my mistakes, and cultivate a heart that wants nothing but what Christ wants for me. Thank You, Father God, for making me into YOUR transformer. I can't wait to see what you have in store next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*