HERE ARE THE RULES...
1. Re-post these rules on your blog, FB page, etc.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself (these are separate from the 11 questions I asked you.)
3. Answer the 11 questions I asked you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
5. Go to your peoples' blog/FB page/whatever and inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere to respond. (If you don't want to keep this game going, please at least do #2 and #3. Thanks!)
11 Random Things About Me:
- I don't like milk. I will drink it occasionally, but only if it's ice cold....and preferably with a peanut butter sandwich and/or chocolate.
- I have short toes. My daughter - of the long, skinny-toed variety - finds this amusing....but I like them just fine. *sticks tongue out at beautiful daughter*
- I've never like my hair. If I had the money, y'all would see me in multiple wigs. One at a time, of course...but in every length and every color...to suit my mood/outfit of the hour/day. Honest to God. I'd wear wigs! *holds up what she thinks are 'Boy Scout fingers'*
- When I was young, I day-dreamed that some lawyer would find me and tell me I had inherited millions of dollars from one of my 'birth relatives.' Not cuz I wanted to know my 'birth relatives,' just cuz I knew of no other way in which I'd ever come into millions of dollars. *LOL*
- I'm anal when it comes to my closet & dresser drawers: my clothes are hung in ROYGBIV order; long-sleeves first, then short-sleeves & sleeveless. My folded shirts, jeans, etc are usually stacked in alternating fashion so that they lay more evenly in the drawer. I had to point the closet thing out to MHH. Honestly...how can one NOT notice things are in ROYGBIV order, I ask you??
- I prefer to read all the books an author has written, in chronological order of publication....preferably to be read in immediate succession, one right after the other. I have a 20-page "To Read" spreadsheet that - although it needs updated - helps me keep track of this.
- I'm a total Pinterest addict. I think I will begin incorporating it into my blog weekly. : )
- I have moved 20 times in 25 years. I know.....I'm tired. *giggle*
- I need to design a new end table for my side of the couch. I need space for my Bible, my knitting, my books, my knitting books, my magazines, my chocolate-covered espresso beans, my pens, my whatever!
- I still miss my G'ma and G'pa. This is at the forefront of my mind, because my G'ma died on Leap Day...and this is a Leap Year. *sighhhh*
- I'm doing a Chronological Bible Study this year. I've read the Bible through twice...and most books numerous times, but for a few years now, I've been wanting to learn the chronological aspect of things, ya know? And seriously, how fitting for my CDO self?? (That's OCD in alphabetical order...the way it should be.)
11 Questions Asked of Me (my answers in blue):
1. If you could change your name to something different, even just for fun, what would it be?
Uhhhhhh...I would NEVER change my name. I can't get most people to even address me by my full name...so maybe we should just start with that. *LOL* It's KIMBERLY, people; not KIM *cringe*. Honestly...it's not that difficult. *rolls eyes* (Fellow Knit Lit Wits...you knew this was coming, didn't you? *giggle*)
2. What is the 1 household chore you could go without ever doing again?
Cooking. Does that count? Please let that count! To me...it's a chore! *groans*
3. Tell me about your first car. (This can be the first car you drove or owned)
My first car was a hand-me-down from my G'parents: a mid-70's (maybe early- ??) Chevy Impala Sedan; pea green body with a ivory leather-like roof. I wasn't thrilled at first...but soon learned I could fit 9 people in that car. I was the hit of the youth group! "Sure....everyone can ride with ME!!!" *heehee*
4. Where did you grown up?
I grew up on a little farm between Wataga & Oneida, IL...about 10 miles east of Galesburg. I loved living on the farm! The best part: We lived just a couple fields away from my G'ma & G'pa. : ))
5. Do/did you have a nickname? Tell me about it.
I have always been called "KJ," for Kimberly Joy. My cousin, Laura is LJ. We are both proudly named after my Mom's sister, Joy.
6. How long have you been blogging? What made you start?
I started blogging in August 2010. I love to write. Always wanted to write. And decided I'd better start making myself write...or I'll never actually 'do' anything with it. Blogging seemed like the easiest way to begin.Besides, I think everyone is entitled to my opinion. *giggle*
7. If money were no object where would you go on vacation?
Around-the-world, Baby! I used to work for United Airlines on the international reservation desk and my favorite trip to plan was around-the-worlds. You have to travel in one direction, and usually a maximum of 8 or 9 stopovers. I'd go to Belize, Chile, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Greece, Israel, Kenya, and Alaska.
8. College....did you go? what did you study? anywhere you wanted to go, but didn't?
I went to college off and on....never even got close to a degree. Babies came early...and took precedence. I wouldn't have it any other way. In 28 yrs of working, I have never come across a job that I couldn't perform without a degree. I've also been asked to train a number of college graduates...and I usually declined; they just annoyed me and would've taken too much of my time. *LOL*
9. tell me something shocking that most people don't about you.
I was once friends with the Air Force One (and Two) crews. I have been on AF1 numerous times (most fun time was for a pizza party)...and AF2 once. I have numerous souvenirs, passed (twice) on the chance to stay and meet Al Gore (for obvious reasons), and I was instrumental in hooking the Chief Master Sergeant on AF1 with United Airline's new-at-the-time chef, who shared some of her recipes that could be fixed on the plane. There's more...but if I tell ya, I'd have to kill ya. *giggle*
10. exercise....love? hate? love to hate?
Actually love it (okay...like it pretty strongly). My knees don't always cooperate after 5 surgeries 30+ years ago...or when Lil Miss Uterus was rearing her ugly head....but I try. And I'm trying again right now: training to run a 5K this Spring! *proud - yeah, I said it - proud smile*
11. You have 24 hours to literally run....walk....get as far as you can with only your two feet. How far would you get?
OMGoodness...I have no idea. Me and my old knees probably wouldn't get far...but by golly, we'd go!! : ))
11 Questions For You:
- Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? If yes, wanna share about that? And if no, wanna share why not?
- How do we know one another? Be specific...but be nice. My Mama reads this. *giggle*
- What is your most favorite material possession? How did you come to have it? How long have you had it? Etc.
- What's your favorite food indulgence?
- What is your vacation preference: beach, mountain, road trip, snow ski, stay at home...or something else entirely?
- What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe right now?
- If I gave you $100 right now...what would you spend it on today? (If you don't spend it, I want it back! Please. *giggle*)
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- What is your favorite hobby? Do you get to indulge in it frequently enough? Got pics you wanna share?? : )
- Which do you prefer: Dogs or cats? On this, I AM judgmental. *heehee*
- What is your favorite wine? If you're not a wine drinker...what's your favorite libation?)
I don't drink milk either. Chocolate, ok. But white....never, I'm sure I would choke & gag. It's fine if it's in something, like oatmeal or cereal, but just drink a glass of it....bleck!
ReplyDeleteI also color sort/hang my clothes in my closet. Not in the pretty rainbow cover, but in the same color groups. Types of shirts seperated, etc. I also alternate stack my clothes. That just makes sense : )