Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beautiful In Its Time

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time." Well, I think it's time for Spring already. I know....His timing is perfect. But I'm an imperfect being...and I'm cold.

I'm ready for sunshine.
I'm ready for green grass. (And, yes, even for lawn mowing.)
I'm ready for morning walks down the road, followed by coffee and devotions on the porch.
I'm ready for outdoor dining.
I'm even ready for gardening. (My gardening skills may be sorely lacking - and I'm sure there'll be a blog about that soon enough for your amusement - but I swear I'm gonna learn!)

I was raised on a farm, so I understand there's all kinds of stuff going on "behind the scenes" (or, more appropriately, under the ground), but I'm bored with seeing nothing but flat, gray, empty Illinois landscape. I want leaves on trees. I want waving grasses. I want flowers (yup...even dandelions). And while I praise Him for the occassional sunny day, I don't hesitate to ask for more of 'em, either!

So when I start longing for the South, I thank God for all my "IL blessings:"
  • I have an incredible husband who loves me (and whom I love more & more every day)
  • We have 5 great kids
  • I'm back home near my folks and family
  • We have a beautiful home and farm (which is especially cool 'cuz we don't have to work it, but we get to enjoy all the "country-ness")
Once I get started, Jesus just floods my soul with all the blessings He's giving me...regardless of the temperature outside. Besides, I'm afraid when I actually dig out my Spring/Summer clothes, they won't be "ready to wear." And it's not their fault...I just have too much winter "fluff" going on still.

So here's to a few more weeks to "de-fluffify." 'Cuz every woman knows we feel a little more beautiful a little less fluffy. And sometimes that just takes a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*