Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Annual (Women Will Understand *LOL*)

I know....y'all aren't used to multiple posts in a week (okay...even a month), but I have lots of stuff going on in this ol' brain of mine...so I had to put it out there.

It's only Thursday morning, and this week stinks. Women, I know you will understand when I say it started off badly with a visit to my gynecologist. Love the man, truly I do. He delivered My Baby Girl 24 years ago, and even after not seeing him for over 20 years, when I came back to the area and needed help, he was the right man for the job. We have a great rapore, and I really trust him. That said.....everything else about our little 'visits' I could pretty much do without. *rolls eyes*

So Monday I go in for my annual with bad news (for him). For those not in the loop, he performed surgery on me 5 months ago. We both had it wrong. For 17 years, I'd written off incredible pain to ovarian cyst(s) that just wouldn't go away. And after a couple ultrasounds, we determined it was time to deal with it (them). Turned out it wasn't an ovarian issue at all; my Fallopian tubes were strangled by massive amounts of scar tissue...so he removed 'em. And while the pain I was oh-so-familiar with immediately disappeared (thank You, Jesus!!), I've developed a new sort of pain over the past 3-4 months. *frown*

Now I'm fairly knowledgeablee, medically. I don't rush to the doctor without tracking symptoms and marking stuff on my calendar (and my iPod, and in my purse notebook...cuz, yes, I'm that anal). So when Dr asked, I had 'ammunition.' The most recent being, "...and 2 weeks ago, when we were in Chicago, the pain was so bad I almost passed out in the John Hancock building. We are going in the wrong direction here. We gotta fix it." And good man that he is, he wrote down exactly what I said on my chart (he likes to quote the important stuff)...and said he appreciates that I've been patient, but there's no point in suffering further...so let's figure this out. (God bless him!)

After some unpleasantries (with which all women are familiar)...and a couple new-for-me procedures (which I DON'T recommend to anyone unless absolutely necessary!!) I was okay til he said I'd feel a pinch. When a doctor says 'pinch' instead of  'pressure'...well, you just know it's gonna involve PAIN...especially when he says he'll count you through it. Seriously??? Cuz that sounds like labor to me..and we all know how much that hurts! I drove home holding my hand over my aching (no...that's not the right word...think "screaming") uterus to await biopsy results.

That was 4 days ago, and I'm still having pain. And I'm having new 'symptoms.' So I'll be calling my Dr again today. Don't think we should wait til early next week for results. I've searched Mayo Clinic's website, read other women's posts, checked-out various medical websites....and if I don't stop, I'm gonna drive myself insane. I've already reached the 'funk' phase. All I want to do is sit very still, or go back to bed. A lot of good that does me. And my husband is getting worried...so I feel like I should 'buck up,' ya' know? : /

Then I read my devotion for today. Okay...not for today. Think it was from earlier this week...but I'm off in that area, too, now. (BAD Kimberly!) Anyhow...it's titled "Fearing The Unknown." Always amazes me how God leads me to just what I need to hear! It references Isaiah 43:2-3a (NIV):

I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
So yeah....I'm feeling a little better now. Still confused. Still concerned. Still frustrated. Still hurting. But I am grateful that my God wrapped His arms around me this morning to remind me it's not just me & Dr figuring this out. He's already got it figured out. We just need to listen for His guidance. And in the meantime, all I can do is trust my Great Physician and know His timing is always perfect. (LOL...see how I tied that in with my
previous blog?)

7 comments:

  1. I always think of the verse....trust in the Lord with all thine heart & lean not on the OWN understanding.

    I so know that verse is hard to take, especially when we just want to know & understand & get it all figured out on our own. Rest & trust in Him, gf. I'll cover you with prayers!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooop, just realized I left out the second 1/2 of the verse.


    .....in all thy ways acknowledge Him & He shall direct thy paths.

    Sounds like you are on the right track to doing all of this, but I still wanted to send out that encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to be able to rest all this in the capable hands of the Great Physician? He will help you get through this, one step at a time. The fact that you are trusting Him for His guidance is a good thing. Praying for you today!
    JR

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're having to endure all of this KJ! I will have my kids start praying with me for you. They are some mighty warriors! Please call if you need someone to just chat with or fill time with so that it takes your mind off the worries for a bit.
    Love ya,
    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this procedure done that you speak of years ago =( I shall say...BYUCKKKKK! You are right, when he told me there will be a pinch I said "you mean pressure?" He said "No, a pinch" Right then and there I wanted to jump off that table and go running with the 'thin-see through-school toilet paper on a HUGE roll' sheet wrapped around me. BUT...I stuck it out. *pats self on the back*

    I am soo sorry that you are now having "new" problems. Please let us know if there is anythin more we can do for you and also keep us updated with what your doctor has to say today =) I will be thinking of you and sending spontaneous prayers up for you. ((hugss))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so blessed to have such loving - and funny - friends & family! I appreciate all your prayers...especially those of your little ones, LJ. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care of yourself. Sent you a message on facebook also. Will be thinking of you, I know it isnt fun.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*