Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Change of Season Beckons Change In Me

Fall is here! I love Fall...the colors, the smells, the cooler temps. And I just love seeing the farmers out harvesting their fields. I have fond memories of helping my Daddy combine and haul loads of beans & corn. (let's not ask him how much "help" I really was...just take my word for it. *giggle*) But as it seems with every change of season, I've been feeling a need for change in me.


There's the normal seasonal things I've done around the house: I put away Spring/Summer clothes and got out the cuddly Fall/Winter clothes; I changed decorations in the house to warm, earthy colors; I'm in the process of putting outdoor furniture and patio decorations away, out of the coming elements; we gathered cornstalks for yard decorations before they were picked. I feel good with this part of things. *satisfied grin*


But I feel like I need to re-focus mentally. Since I don't work outside the home, I don't have a set schedule every week; I just do what I think needs to be done on a given day...but even that seems to have me in a slump the past couple weeks. I finally asked MHH (my handsome husband, Jim) to help me get more focused by helping me make a list of things that we agree are a priority at home. If you know me at all, you know I love me a good list! *giggle* Of course, when we tried to do it, we only came up with a couple specific things. But it's a start, right? *shakes head*


I'm especially feeling the need for a new Bible study. I love my "Jesus Calling" devotional (which, if you haven't got one, go get one! It's as if Jesus wrote it just to me/you. It's a quick read each morning, but has lots of good things to hold onto throughout the day). But I want something to dig into. I loaned my Mama the Revelation study book I'm itching to go through again....so it won't be that right now. *pout* But what then?? I guess I'm not praying hard enough for direction...'cuz I ain't got any. *shrug*


So is it just me? Am I the only one who's internal clock starts ticking louder as the seasons change? Have you felt the yearning for something fresh? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Maybe it will inspire me! *smile*

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kim(berly)! Just had to check up on your blog : ) ...and of course, I have a Bible study suggestion b/c I too LOVE to have something to dig into. Precept studies are probably the deepest dig you can find. [The Covenant study is fairly easy and is a life changer!!!) Beth Moore studies are also delightful and include homework. Doing it with one friend, a few or a bigger group sure does wonders to keep one inspired and on task with it all. I'll keep this short...but if it is a real question, I wanted to provide a real answer! Good luck with the hunt for your blessed Biblical treasures!.....Debbie Phillips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*