Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Bad Stuff Is Easier To Believe

Not my favorite line from "Pretty Woman," but certainly one that speaks to me. Unfortunately. *hangs head*


I'm in the throes of that right now. I'm worn down physically and emotionally after a more-than-a-year-long battle with my "girl parts." Every little thing seems "bigger" lately. The smallest slight knocks me down a peg, and then another, and another. And while I think my last two surgeries will bring long-term physical relief...now I'm struggling with heart issues. Some days, it's all I can do to walk to the kitchen without getting short of breath. And a little stress gives me chest pain. I am not a pill person (I don't even like to give in and take OTC stuff...other than Excedrin, my constant companion), but I am finding pharmaceutical relief in a itty-bitty pill. (God bless medicine when you REALLY need it. *giggle*)



But most of all...I'm finding comfort and relief in God's Word, my devotions, and family & friends. Just this morning in my "Jesus Calling" devotional (excellent devo, btw....go get one at Brighter Life today! Seriously. Go!!) God whispered to me and calmed my fears. (At least until I freak out again...which could be in a few minutes, at the rate I'm going lately. *rolls eyes*) Here's a few thoughts that struck a chord with me:
  • Don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song.
  • Isaiah 12:2  Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.
  • Do not let fear dissipate your energy.
  • The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy.Therefore, you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts.
  • Do not despise this weakness in yourself, since I am using it to draw you closer to Me.
  • II Corinthians 12: 9  ..."My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."  (One of my favorite verses!)
  • Ask the Holy Spirit to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.
  • Romans 8:6  The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
So today...I pray to be susceptible to mind control. God's mind control. Heart-relieving mind control. Peace-bringing mind control. Help-me-hold-my-tongue mind control. Recognize-the-enemy's-lies mind control. I want to be powerless to anything but Holy Spirit-inspired thoughts. Cuz I got nothing left today; I am running on empty. But maybe that's a good thing, huh? Now that I'm fresh outta "Kimberly," I can fill up with a heaping portion of Jesus!


Jesus' love, peace, and joy is all that matters, right? The rest are just lies, pain, and bad stuff. And who needs that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.

Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*