MY PRAYER FOR 2011
Heavenly Father...You are the Sovereign Creator. You are holy, and You call me to be holy. You know that is the desire of my heart. There are so many things I want to do better in this new year, but I can’t do it without Your help. You tell me in 2 Corinthians 12:9, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”
Father, I don’t deserve Your grace, but I claim it today! Take my weaknesses and create in me a heart like Jesus’ so that You may be glorified through me. I know you hear my prayer, and are faithful and able to do mighty works in me. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, Father God, so that You can change me into the woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend You intended me to be. This year – and today – I choose to do better. I choose to:
WORSHIP You constantly and wholeheartedly.
- SEARCH Your Word daily…and allow it to penetrate my heart.
- PRAY expectantly and with thanksgiving.
- INVITE the Holy Spirit into every situation. He will enter where He is invited.
- SURRENDER to Your will. Surrender isn’t weak; it’s powerful non-resistance!
- TRUST that You are faithful and only have good in mind for me. Help me to give up personal attachment to a certain outcome, and to always remember:
1. Your plan works.
2. Mine doesn’t.
- Hold onto INNER PEACE. If I am filled with Your Holy Spirit, no one else has the power to control my emotions or reactions.
- NOT WORRY. I will lay my worries at Your feet…and leave them there!
- SEEK wisdom.
- Be DISCERNING and guard my heart. Help me reject the lies of the enemy.
- SERVE. Turn my humble gifts into mighty works on Your behalf.
- GIVE generously…whether or not I receive back from others. You are enough.
- RECEIVE Your abundance…in my relationship with You, with my husband, with our children, with family and friends, and financially.
- LOVE unconditionally and demonstrate it. Real love is a decision; not dependent on my feelings.
- ACCEPT others as Jesus did…with compassion and love. Help me leave any changing that needs to be done in Your hands. To realize they may never change in some ways, and in others, they may change in ways I never thought they could!
- COMMUNICATE with love…or hold my tongue.
- FORGIVE...even if they don’t ask me for forgiveness.
- Be DISCIPLINED…spiritually and physically. If I try in my own might, I will always fail. But if I train in Your power, You will bless me beyond measure!
- Be HAPPY…and not concerned about being right.
I pray all these things in the powerful name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior...
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment. I really do love hearing from you.
Don't forget to Follow Me so you don't miss out on all the important stuff I have to share! *giggle*