But lil ol' me has been doing a lot of pondering lately, and I think it may be time to try a blog. I have journaled for years and find it extremely therapeutic to put my thoughts & prayers on paper. Writing brings everything into focus for me. It helps me work out my emotions and clears my head when I can't sleep. God's Holy Spirit does some of His best talking to me through my journaling. Sometimes I simply record events that have happened; and sometimes I pour out my soul to God. I remember; I anticipate. I mourn; I celebrate. I vent; I praise. Everything comes out honestly when I write. Of course, up until now, I was the only one reading what I wrote. Hence, the risk involved here.
But journaling is personal, and sometimes that's not enough. Sometimes I want to share my thoughts. Sometimes I need to know if anyone else has the same ideas, worries, experiences I do. Do they find humor in the same things?. Are they touched by certain Scripture the way I am...or if it confounds them, too? I feel a 'spiritual growth spurt' coming on here...and lucky you...you get to share in the experience!
I don't know that any of this will be interesting to anyone out there...and I certainly don't claim to have any profound thoughts that no one has heard anywhere else. But I want to open myself up; I want to grow in Christ. Lately I've been feeling a blog may be the nudge I need. Something to be accountable to. Something to make me stretch. Scary stuff, in a way...but exciting, too!
So welcome to my journey, my friend. I know "me" pretty well, but maybe this blog will give you a little insight into "Kimberly"... whoever she is to you. I thought I'd start off with a little "Kimberly" trivia to get things rolling. I can't wait to hear if you have any comments, or remember some of these things, too! : ) (Now be nice...I hope my Mama is reading this! *giggle*)
25 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I was adopted when I was 10 days old....and looked just like my Daddy! (Okay...I made that part up. *giggle*)
- I am proudly named after my mother's sister, Joy. (Hence KJ.)
- I am an only child and THANKFUL FOR IT!!
- My Daddy can do anything! He can figure anything out. He can fix anything. His mind is a steel trap. My greatest compliment is when I tell my husband he reminds me of my Daddy. (Well...maybe it's not always a compliment; they share some goofy traits, too! *giggle*)
- My Mama is amazing! She can make anything, and she will do anything for anyone. She has boundless energy & a heart for God that her body can't always keep up with. She is my hero. And she's my best sounding board...although I didn't realize that til pretty late in life.*shameful daughter face*
- My Mama made my 1st day of school dress every year. And I made Hannah's...til about 5th grade. (She wasn't that excited about the whole idea at the time. Go figure. *shrug*)
- I have known my bestest gf, Dee, since Kindergarten.
- I accepted Jesus as my personal savior when I was 5; was baptized when I was 8. By the grace of God, I was raised in a strong, close-knit Christian family. Without that foundation, I may not have made it through some of my rough patches.
- On a good day, I can touch my nose with my tongue. Don't bother asking...I won't do it. : p
- I went to Charm School in Jr High. My Dad still doesn't believe I gradulated! *pout*
- I graduated high school early. I never actually attended school my 'graduating year.'
- I was voted Best Dressed and Class Flirt. Enough said.
- I have short toes. Hannah makes fun of them. Her lack of respect for her Mama disappoints me sometimes. *looks pointedly at her daughter...then laughs*
- I have been on Air Force One and Air Force Two a few times. I'd tell you more...then then I'd have to kill you. *straight face*
- My son made me learn all the original Pokemon characters. I couldn't name 3 now. (Sorry, Tyler.)
- I was a flight attendant and a truck driver. Unusual combination, huh? *LOL*
- I want to get my pilot's license.
- I have lived in 18 cities (Oneida IL, Rio IL, Downers Grove, IL, Reynolds IL, Lemont IL, Naperville IL, Aurora IL, Lake In The Hills IL, Stockbridge GA, East Point GA, Newnan GA, Daphne AL, Mobile AL, Wataga IL, Maquon IL, Knoxville IL, Wilmette IL...and finally Galesburg IL. I've lived in some of those places more than once...for a total of 20 moves! (*rolls eyes* I know...I'm tired.)
- I love the Bee Gees and Abba and Donna Summer. Yes...I'm the one 'seat dancing' in the car. *blush*
- My favorite scent is vanilla.
- One of my/our favorite Chicago restaurants is the Italian Village. It was the location of Jim's & my first Chicago dinner date...and it never disappoints!
- I married James Michael Sutor (of the hot drummer Sutors) on Friday, January 15, 2010. (I would just bore you if I wrote about all the blessing that has brought into my life! *wink*)
- My husband has instilled in me (with God's prompting, of course) a desire to take a missions trip. (This, from the girl who hates bugs.) Next time you see me, ask how my Spanish re-freshing is going! *LOL* On second thought...nahhhhhh...you don't have to. *LOL*
- We have 5 kids: Hannah (23), Nick (17), Tyler (16), Chris (14), and Josh (11). Blended families are tough, huh? I'm sure there'll be a blog post on this issue. But it's God's growing experience for us all...so we're cool. : )
- Just call me Martha...cuz I'm now a full-time homemaker & surprisingly loving every minute of it! (My bestest gf just fell off her chair again. *helps gf up*) And it's not just cuz I love things clean & organized; I'm actually getting the hang of the whole cookey/wifey thing!
Good luck with this Kimberly! I look forward to reading future blogs.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog-o-sphere, Kimberly!
ReplyDelete